Old City Hall was completed in 1904 by the Burrill & Sisum Company at a cost of of $9,000. The site for the building was chosen because it was on the edge of the business district of Harrington. The two story building was constructed using buff-colored bricks with an edifice designed by Herman Preusse, a prominent architect from Spokane, Washington. The building included a bell tower, which was replaced by an air raid siren during the Second World War The City Hall building would also house the local jail and fire station.
The functions of City Hall did not incorporate the entire building. The fire department, as well as the Harrington Commercial Club called the building their home. The Harrington Commercial club was formed in 1937 as a way for the officials of Harrington to enquire and fix the needs of the residents of Harrington. The club soon evolved into helping people and livestock find housing when they came to Harrington, as well as helping organize and host local events.
The building housed the City Hall until the 1970s, when it was turned into a pottery shop. It was then turned into a residence house in 1977. The current City Hall is located at 11 S 3rd Street, Harrington.
Harrington also had a local saloon which was open several days a week. Prohibition was the law of the land by 1920, but Harrington first voted on the issue in 1886. Twenty-two people voted for prohibition, and thirty-two people voted against it. Harrington had made the decision to keep their alcohol, and their saloon.
The local jail records from this time period list the various people who were arrested, as well as the recorded crime that they had committed. The most common charge listed was the charge of drunkenness, followed by the charge of drunk and indecent. Frank Janney was arrested on September 28, 1923 for whiskey possession. Another man, John Farrell, was arrested and charged with the charge of obscene language. The last recorded arrest was for Pete Moore, on the charge of reckless driving on December 22, 1927.